Open to: Artists living or working in D.C., Maryland, or Virginia.
To be considered: Please submit photos of up to 10 pieces (both 2-D works and 3-D works will be considered) to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5th, 2018 11:59pm. Submissions may also be shared using Dropbox.
1) Work should be made within the last 5 years by an artist who lives or works in D.C., Maryland, or Virginia and consist of at least 25% reused or repurposed materials, to include artwork made on or with found or recycled objects, reused or recycled art mediums or backgrounds, artwork incorporating premade objects or images, etc.
2) All submissions must be sent electronically to be considered.
3) Work should not exceed 60” in any one dimension.
4) Any selected work MUST BE READY TO HANG. Any pieces selected that arrive not ready to hang will be returned to the artist upon delivery. 3-D work is accepted, but the artist must provide the pedestal or display mechanism, to be discussed with the gallery director upon notification of acceptance.
5) Images should be submitted in the JPEG format, ideally a 4”x6” image size.
6) Please label all images with the artists last name and title in the JPEG file (Example: Smith_Title.JPEG) and include a corresponding image list, with the JPEG file name, artwork title, medium, year, size, and price.
7) Please include an artist bio and an artist statement with your application.
February 5th - Images due by 11:59pm to email@example.com
February 8th - Notification to artists regarding accepted work
February 26th – March 2nd - All selected artwork to be received by 4pm, March 2nd
March 10th - Show opens with artist reception in conjunction with 2nd Saturday Workshop 1 - 4pm
May 5th - Show closes
May 9th - 11th - Pickup all unsold artwork; arrangements to be confirmed with gallery director
Sales: For any artwork sold at Off-Rhode Gallery, the artist will receive 60% of the sale. The remaining 40% will go to Art Enables. All checks will be mailed to the artist, unless other arrangements have been made, within 30 days of the close of the show.
Submission deadline: February 5th